Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why do you want to do Jumpstart?


I am doing Jumpstart because when I first applied to American University I knew I wanted to be apart of a organization that makes a difference. Considering all the clubs at AU it would be an easy task, during orientation I walked up to the Jumpstart booth and I knew this was the first organization I wanted to be apart of. Junior year I worked with 6th graders as a volunteer art teacher and I loved it and this was something similar but on a much larger scale. My excitement has only escalated to start doing projects. Although it is a huge undertaking I look forward to working with Stacia and all the other volunteers this year! ~Sophie Chen


I am doing Jumpstart because I did it last year and it was a great experience. I feel like it will be a lot different than last year due to the fact that I’ve been through it and I am confident in my abilities. Now, I don’t have to worry about learning the material. I am familiar with the curriculum and I can take it one step further. I know what works and what does not work for me. I can focus solely on the children and my team. Last year, I was concerned with finding the right balance for myself. I was learning and it was a bit overwhelming at times. Now, my expectations are different and it will all be about improving the skills I gained from Jumpstart. I’m also excited about sharing my experience with the new Corps Member and helping them find their way. I want them to love Jumpstart as much as I do and I hope to play a role in that.
-Iraj Masud

I am doing Jumpstart because I want to help children learn. Working with kids inspires me to be a stronger person, and to pass on my knowledge to the next generation. These children are our future and they need to know how important they are, not only to themselves but to everyone around them.

-Judith Snyder-Rothman

No comments:

Post a Comment