Thursday, October 24, 2013

One session down...


Although I have only experienced one implementation so far, I know Jumpstart is the place for me. I have had the joy of working with my wonderful team and the adorable children, they bring so much happiness and I hope they will continue to do so. The idea of working with children and helping out the community I now live in is something I don’t think I will ever be able to forget.
            Just from the first day I can tell these children want to learn and are very curious beings. They are very smart and think about the world around them so creatively. While completing art with my kids they explained some many ideas about the colors and compared them to other objects in the room. They were also amazed by the idea of making other colors by mixing primary colors. Now this project was a bit messy I had paint all over my face and hair, but that is part of learning, by taking part in the entire experience. The children when learning something new have such a large smile on their faces, they are extremely proud of themselves. For example every time Oonga Boonga was repeated they were so happy that they could participate and that they knew what was written in the book. As this year continues I am so excited to see the children, that have already amazed me by the short amount of time I have spent with them, amaze me even more, everything from writing their names to being able to reading words in books.
            I am so happy to serve as a Corp member at American University Jumpstart.
~Alexandra Fraioli
Corps member
Team Learning

No comments:

Post a Comment