Thursday, October 31, 2013

Transitions and Growth

Jumpstart has completely taken me by surprise. When I first learned about this organization from Stacia at Eagle Summit Orientation, I was initially extremely excited about it. I have always loved working with kids and I thought that this would be a fun easy way to earn my work study and do something I love at the same time. Then we started trainings, and after the first 8 hour training session I began to question my decision to join Jumpstart. My feelings about Jumpstart took another turn when I entered the classroom. Meeting the children and implementing all of the tools we spent so much time learning reinforced my original passion for this program. I know that I made the right decision to leave Stacia my email that day because what we are doing is truly rewarding. I started off as a Corps member and had the opportunity to read with the kids; it gave me a great feeling seeing them make connections and learn new things. Since then I have taken on the role as Team Leader on team Inspiration, and stressful as that may be I am very excited to welcome this new responsibility and get as much as I can out of this program.

~Loren Grier
Team Leader
Team Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment