Monday, October 28, 2013

Hi Jumpstart!


Jumpstart has been a really great experience so far.  I have really enjoyed going into the classroom and working with young children over the past few weeks.  I am beginning to understand just how important early childhood development is and the impact it can have on the future academic success of young children.  My favorite part of Jumpstart is when we all walk into the room and all the faces of the kids light up.  The children will shout, “Hi Jumpstart”, with big smiles on their faces.  Sometimes they even come up and hug you because they are so excited that it is a Jumpstart day.  Another thing that I truly enjoy about Jumpstart is that I have four children that I get to see at the beginning of every Jumpstart session when we do our welcome.  This is always fun because the kids remember your name and you remember all of their names.  You get the chance to go over how to spell everybody’s name, and then you get to read to them.  Even though it can be very exhausting, there is nothing better than being able to engage and interact with young children who are excited to learn new things.  I hope that during my time at Jumpstart I continue to learn more about the children and that I can see the progress that every single child has made over an entire school year.  The most rewarding part of Jumpstart is being able to see the children improve in the classroom. 

~Kevin Felisme
Corps member
Team Determination

No comments:

Post a Comment