Thursday, October 10, 2013

They laugh

Every time I tell a person that I do Jumpstart because I love working with tiny humans – they laugh. I’m being completely serious though, every child, even infants, have distinct personalities that only develop as they get older. With my class last year, I could answer who was the class clown, the socialite, the mouse, the natural leader, or the pot-stirrer. Even after half an hour with some of my new students I can tell who loves to share their knowledge, get attention, or wiggle around. The best thing I could see was that these kids love to read, and it’s not the this-is-the-hundreth-time-I’m-reading-this-book-because-it’s-my-favorite kind of excitement. They love to read because their teachers are consistently making it something fun. That makes my job so much better. My tiny humans will be so much more enthusiastic. It doesn’t matter if they wiggle or they talk about their dogs and baby cousins, by the time my team and I leave, they’ll love reading all the more.


Amalia Mendoza
Corps member
Team Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment