Monday, November 18, 2013

Determination is the key to success


            Determination is the first word that comes to mind when I think of my team Inspiration. My role as team leader has provoked determination out of my corps members, my students, and myself. I am determined to always do better, and push that little bit further to get better results. I started out as a corps member on team Dedication, and it taught me a lot about how to approach Jumpstart and work through any problems with dedication and willpower. When I moved to a team leader position on team Inspiration I encountered different ways in which I was determined. I became determined to be the best leader I could be for my corps members as well as my students. I am determined to be prepared with materials and in the session material because these children deserve the best, and I am determined to give it to them.
            Determination is defined as firmness of purpose or resoluteness, which is a key value of Jumpstart and my team. We show our firmness of purpose when we go into the classroom ready to tackle any obstacle that comes our way. We employ our determination through our ability to be able to go into the classroom fully prepared even if a corps member is sick or cannot make it. My corps members hold the same values as I do, to give the children our best and maximize their learning potential. We all come together with materials and session books in-hand, ready to take on the day. One example of determination from my corps members was when one of my corps members took it upon herself to better our team. She was determined to create some great team bonding so she spent the time researching different methods and came up with a fun game for all of us to play. She gave us each a handful of m&m’s and told us for each color there was something for us to share about ourselves, whether it was a fun fact, or what it is we like about AU. This was a great activity because we got to have fun with it and learn more about each other. Great teams are determined, and I have the pleasure of being part of a team that is determined to be close, work hard in the classroom, get the most out of this opportunity, and always be prepared. 
~Loren Grier
Team Leader
Team Determination

No comments:

Post a Comment