Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What a great week!

Yesterday was Team Curiosity’s first day in the classroom, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Some things did not go exactly as planned; a corps member was absent, we forgot some materials, and our Smarttrip cards for the Metro ran a little low, but it was so worth it.

Unfortunately, I missed the team planning meeting prior that discussed session 1 in great detail, but my team made it very comfortable to me when we got to the school. We were all tired, but it was rejuvenating to see the children as they read along with Oonga Boonga, or participate in center time with open minds.

I was in charge of art, so we were using the primary colors to make new colors, and the children were having so much fun. They get to express themselves and learn at the same time, and nothing could make me happier to see their smiling faces as they showed me their creations.


After class, we cleaned the materials and reviewed for next session and now we know what we have to do for next time. I know we will work a little harder, prep a little more in depth, and wake up a little more energetically; for now we know the ends justify the means. As we finish our J is for Jumpstart books, and prepare for the second part of session 1, we know what we have to look forward to, and we know that it will be worth it. I am grateful for this experience, and I can’t wait to see the children again.

-Jake Jaehne

No comments:

Post a Comment