Friday, October 17, 2014

Cannot Wait To Meet These Children

This past month, I have been to so many Jumpstart trainings that have made me even more excited to begin my work with Jumpstart than when I first signed up. The training days have been both educational and fun at the same time; I was able to learn how I should interact with the three-year-old children alongside meeting my new fellow Jumpstart workers.
Just this week, my group started our J is for Jumpstart booklets for our children. In the beginning of Jumpstart, each child will be presented with a hand-drawn alphabet book filled with colorful drawings for each letter. Despite the amount of time, work, and hand cramps going into this project, I believe it will also be the most satisfying when we see the excitement on the children’s faces when they are presented with something made specifically with their enjoyment in mind.

I hope the attention and education I provide for these children who do not necessarily get the amount they need at home will help them in their future. Not only will they, hopefully, understand there are people out there thinking about their wellbeing, but they will be getting an opportunity to catch up with their more privileged peers and achieve the future they deserve. I just cannot wait to meet these children, see their excited faces, and impact their lives positively.

Moriah Herniter
Corps member
Team Exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment