Friday, October 17, 2014

Excited and Nervous


I guess if I was going to describe the feelings I have going in to Jumpstart this year, they would be nervousness and excitement. I remember this time last year, where I was so confused with everything that I had to do, and I didn’t know what to expect going into the classroom. However, this year the nerves are different, and less intense. I guess it comes with the territory of being a returning jumpstart member, most of the fear is that I will go in feeling confident and prepared but then just get plummeted with horrible situations. However those are more of my deeper fears, and for the most part I am extremely excited to get back in the classroom. Something else I am very excited to start again is the classroom preps we do for the children. Cutting out shapes on colorful paper, building cardboard washing machines, stapling books, became a sort of therapy for me last year and I am excited to experience this inner quiet again. I am ready for difficult first two weeks, where both we and the children are attempting to come to terms with the workings of a Jumpstart classroom but I am excited for the days after as these children gain learning experiences through the Jumpstart curriculum.

Sinéad Brennan
Corps member
Team Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment