Thursday, February 4, 2016

Reflections

Team Imagination finished one whole session together and I could not be more proud and astonished at how well the team works together. After my experience with a small team fall semester, I felt very grateful to have a larger team, yet the anticipation of fully taking on the role as a team leader was intimidating. I had shared my leadership with a fellow team leader and I think it was a very good preparatory leeway for me to take on a whole group this semester, I think I would have had a much more difficult time if I had not shared my responsibilities with another last semester given the situation. Coming back to Cedar Tree Academy with four new members by my side, I could not have been more excited. Snow days and Corps Members unfamiliar with Jumpstart made me feel a little nervous at first; however the extra time gave me the opportunity to allocate team planning meetings in which I was able to fully go over Session. The best part about being a team leader is seeing the work I did last year as a Corps Member being undertaken by my new team. I had one of the best experiences last year as a Corps Member and made two of my best friends at college through joining the program. My team leader from last year is my inspiration in Jumpstart; she conducted our team efficiently and really coordinated a bond that I will never forget.

            Although a late start into Jumpstart with new members makes me doubt my ability to create as strong of a team bonding experience as I had myself, I have different goals. I have a personal goal to help my team reach 300 hours each and to have them leave their service with Jumpstart proud of their service and commitment to giving back to the community. I learned so much in Jumpstart, not just about education policy and the early childhood environment, but also about myself as a leader. Every one of my Corps Members have excelled in their degree of participation and quality of work, I am looking forward to the rest of the semester to see how our children further develop their literacy and classroom skills.

-Ekaterina 

No comments:

Post a Comment