Monday, February 8, 2016

One Step Closer

Coming back to Jumpstart after almost two months of not going to Cedar Tree Academy has reminded me of what I was missing out over winter break. As soon as I set foot in the classroom, I was ready for another semester of Jumpstart. As our winter break was prolonged due to snow days, I was eager to get back in the routine of things again. Walking into the room, I instantly saw the smiles on all of the children’s faces. They waited patiently on the carpet as my team and I got our books ready to read. As I read the names of the students in my group, I watched as each of them came to the table I was sitting at and take a seat. Each and every student was overwhelmed that Jumpstart was back. 

Not only have I learned so much from Jumpstart this past semester, but I have also grown as a person. I have learned patience, classroom management skills, and have learned that this is what I want to do when I am older. I want to help children excel in the classroom and reach their full potential. I would love to walk into my classroom everyday and see children who are willing to learn. After going through session the first day back after winter break, I noticed how much the students have grown. Students who never gave answers to my questions are beginning to talk, and students are beginning to ask questions back to me to check their understanding. Although these may seem small, they are giant steps forward in the right direction. I am excited to see what this semester has in store for us and I look forward to making many more advancements.

-Christine Mazzocchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment