Thursday, January 28, 2016

Winter is my least favorite season. And today doubly so. Our school had a two hour delay which meant team planning instead of a classroom meet and greet. While I am returning to the same classroom, I am excited for my new team members to meet our students. Last semester it was just me and my team leader; now I have two team mates and an experienced team leader. My hope is that the four of us can more effectively run a Jumpstart session. Only the best for our students.

When we finally do jump into our classroom we will read A Letter to Amy by Ezra Jack Keats. In my past experiences with Jumpstart, Session 5 marks a turning point for the students. By this point students understand the Jumpstart program. Not only does the session flow more easily, but vocabulary and reading comprehension really starts to bloom. A lot of things are changing this semester, and this session, but I remain hopeful that A Letter to Amy is our turning point.

-Amalia Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment